Summer, summer, summer
Summer is here and that means fun drinks out on a patio with your friends!!! I can’t wait to do a bit of that this summer, and my absolute favourite is just sitting out in a backyard with a pool and some good music taking in the great weather.
I wanna share a few of my favourite summer cocktails! I like to keep it light, fun, and a little bubbly ;)
- A classic G&T is a staple on those hot summer days! Grab your favourite gin (I prefer Hendricks or Tanqueray), splash in some tonic, and garnish with all your favourites!
**Tip; when using Hendricks, mix half soda half tonic and garnish with cucumber to get the absolute best flavour combo!
- Vodka lemonade is just so refreshing to sip on by the pool! Super easy to make too, just take your favourite lemonade (homemade is the best though!) and splash in your choice of vodka (I’m a Tito’s or Kettle One kinda girl)
- Another classic is a Greyhound; super tasty when its hot out, just mix your vodka with a little *fresh squeezed* grapefruit juice and boom, tastycakes! **If you wanna go crazy, try splashing a little pineapple juice to the mix for a tropical twist**
- Of course I can’t leave out a classic, The Caesar! Nothing beats those hot day sweats like a good ol’ fashioned Caesar. I like mine a little on the spicy side but for me it’s really all about the garnish! *Think anything from pickles to damn oyster towers on that glass ;)*
- Pama, St. Germain (because elderflower is all the rage right now, and for good reason!!!), and some prosecco...Yum, Yum, Yum! This mix is just, *Mwah, deliciosso!
- Mimosas by the pool....how boujee ;) or basic... haven’t decided yet! I like mine with a twist, instead of orange juice I like either a pineapple or mango, really yummy.
Now of course, I’ve left out A LOT, buuuuut these are some quick and tasty picks for a patio, brunch, or just hanging by the pool! You can also grab your favourite glass of wine and sip away the day ;) It’s time to enjoy the longer days and summer breezes (oh shoot left that off the drink list haha). Grab a glass and enjoy, and of course, drink responsibly ;)!!!
- a *not so professional* patio enthusiast